Bryson got his first cold this week. In fact Sunday night, or should I say Monday morning, I woke to Bryson having trouble gasping for air. I scooped him up quickly and needless to say he spent the rest of the night sleeping on my chest while I was in a panic that if I fell asleep he might have trouble breathing again. Monday morning I was in the pediatrician's office 45 minutes before the doctor even sees patients. Luckily I got in quickly since I was there so early. He had severe chest congestion and it was starting to creep into his head. My doctor put him on a steroid, tore his stomach up and mad him very crabby, and a breathing treatment of albuterol every 3 hours. We had to stay home the whole week since the steroid makes his immune system very weak. By Thursday his chest was better but he sounded like he couldn't breathe since babies only breathe through their nose and his was completely clogged. The saline nasal spray and aspirator helped but Bryson pitched a fit each time he saw them knowing what was going to happen. On Friday we went back in for his 2 month well baby visit and his 1st set of immunizations. Oh my I knew what was going to happen but certainly wasn't prepared for my own reaction when he started screaming crying. I lost it and started crying myself. I let Brett know that he is taking him to his 4 month shots visit. I can't take it again. I know it is for his benefit but when you see your child hurting you definitely want to make it better for them. My heart hurt for him.
On Monday I start school again and Bryson will have his 1st week at his daycare. Luckily we got him into one of the BEST places in town. He is going to be at a church daycare (Perimeter Road Christian School for those followers in Valdosta) that has only 3 other kids in his class with 2 teachers. They have an outstanding reputation and I am not worried about his care, but I am going to miss him terribly. Bryson will be staying there until he goes to Kindergarten and then he will come to my school. So at least he will have a close relationship with all of the teachers there and they are wonderful. I will be sure to let you know how this coming week goes. Please keep me in your prayers as I come to terms with returning to work and getting back into a routine and letting someone else care for my precious son. Also pray that Bryson transitions nicely and stays well.
No comments:
Post a Comment