Bryson Thomas Johnson

Sunday, November 14, 2010

October






October was a fun month for us.  Each day gets more and more interesting with Bryson as his personality slowly emerges.  He laughs quite a bit and really loves to talk.  He has also had a lot of firsts this month.  His first laugh, his first birthday party, his first Halloween, his 1st serving of rice cereal, etc.  Being a Mom is the most wonderful blessing I could have been given.  We are super excited to see the world through our son's eyes.

 Halloween has always been a fun holiday, but dressing up your child took it to another level.  Bryson of course couldn't actually trick-or-treat, but he sure enjoyed riding on the hayride as we watched our friend's children go from house to house.  He is a people watcher just like his Mommy.  Thankfully it was very cool outside since Bryson's Sweet Pea costume was a warm one.  I am sure that next year will be even more fun!!! Can't wait :)

Rice Cereal-  I had a hard time working up the courage to give Bryson rice cereal.  I am still strictly nursing him so giving him a bottle with rice cereal in it was not what I wanted to do so I waited to get the okay from my pediatrician to feed it to him by the spoonful.  Camera ready and cereal in hand we fed him for the first time and he wasn't so sure about it to begin with.  Maybe 6 spoonfuls made it into his mouth.  By the 3rd time we fed it to him he loved it and really got the swallowing thing down- Thank God!!!  We're working on veggies now-  Whoop Whoop!!!

Sidenote- I am one of those Moms who is super obsessive over every detail in Bryson's life.  The what-ifs (even the craziest things that could happen I think of) seem to creep into my mind about everything.  It took us so long to get pregnant and losing a child makes the fact that bad things can happen to anyone that no chances are taken with me.  So feeding him food was a choking hazard or allergic reaction waiting to happen,  laugh all you want but I can't help it.  Brett thinks I am a little over the top!!!

November is passing so quickly and before I know it 2011 will be here.  I will be sure to keep you informed on how his 1st Thanksgiving went. I have quite a lot to be thankful for this year, a beautiful, healthy son, a wonderful husband, and fantastic family and friends.  I couldn't be happier and more blessed.  God is awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment